Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Training April 9th

We ran 10 reps on the ramp and both were 100% on contacts. They did have the hoop to help them. Cheddar did weaves after too. Canon did her weaves separate. She can go into the correct entrance when directed. She is not 100% on this yet. Cheddar is and only missed one time with a pull out.

We then went to the park and setup 10 jumps with two pinwheels and a serpentine to run. Cheddar did well with her fastest being the first run. She then did not put out too much. She got excited when I ran with the bumper in my hand and threw it at the end. She also ran after a squirrel and would not listen to me, so she is going to have to have a long lead on from now on when we are not working.

Canon did a great job. I forgot that she needed a little help getting started, but did some back chaining to help her get going. She had some trouble missing some jumps due to run arounds. I worked on my signals some and made sure I was clear to her that she needed to take the jump. She is pretty good about taking jumps, but will pull off and skip one when she wants to. I will have to work on this. She goes fast! I want to get my timer working and time her on runs.

We are all tired and are going to bed!

No comments: