Friday, May 6, 2011

May 6th, 2011 practice!!!

Well, we have been trialing and it has rained for the past 3 weeks such that we could not go out in the yard and practice.  Tonight after work was the first time I could work with the dogs in the yard.  I setup a series of jumps around the obstacles and worked with Canon on them.  We have been working on weave entries a lot because I could work that pretty quickly and she has missed some lately.  I have my channels open about 3 inches cause I am repeating her entrances and I want to encourage her to go fast and not cause any injuries.  I only have her doing 6 weaves.  I will add the other 6 next week when we are preparing for the trial.  She is doing a fabulous job with it.  She also did an excellent job holding her AFrame contact and her DW contact.  I did some sprints through some jumps spread out around the yard and want to do that each day to keep her in shape.  I think the Happy Dog trial wore her out with all the runs. She was fatigued by Sun.  Good day practicing.

Skills practiced and rating:  (1-10, with 10 best)
AFrame - 10
AFrame tunnel discrimination 10
weave entries 10
Start line 7 she left once and I had to put her back

turns and wraps 7 she missed a few turns coming out of the tunnels.  I have a 9 ft tunnel under the aframe and she shoots out of it and takes the next jump.  I worked getting her to check with me.  some success, but we need to work this skill.

No comments: